Posted by rat on 4/10/2011, 9:30 am, in reply to "p.p.s.."
: This triggered memory of a line I like a
: lot, from Cleary's commentary in
: "Secret of the Golden Flower" that
: Taoist practice and meditation ends
: "mind's compulsive obsession with its
: own productions".
: That just says it beautifully, doesn't it?
The Golden Flower, the Laozi, and the Zhuangzi, among others, are filled with the mind's productions.
However I don't totally reject your implication that I might talk less if I want to better embody the dao.
Another possibility is that you might want to pass on reading my posts. They will continue to have plenty of words in them.
Message Thread | Skip to this response ↓|
- Can I be sure I am doing good, on balance? - rat 4/7/2011, 5:11 pm
- Re: Can I be sure I am doing good, on balance? - rene 4/8/2011, 4:11 pm
- beihai ruo's answer (utf 8) - wulf 4/9/2011, 10:04 am
- Re: Can I be sure I am doing good, on balance? - josef 4/10/2011, 8:15 am
- p.s. - josef 4/10/2011, 8:27 am
- Re: p.s. - rat 4/10/2011, 8:52 am
- Re: p.s. - josef 4/10/2011, 9:05 am
- p.p.s.. - josef 4/10/2011, 9:13 am
- Re: p.p.s.. - rat 4/10/2011, 9:30 am
- Re: p.s. - isabeau 4/21/2011, 11:52 am
- Re: Can I be sure I am doing good, on balance? - Nina 4/12/2011, 8:06 pm
« Back to index