Re: The Humming Bird and the Dandelion
Posted by Butcho on 8/27/2010, 8:39 pm, in reply to "The Humming Bird and the Dandelion"
: As the sun arose with its autumn angle the
: first feel of fall graced Deer Creek.
: "Hey, pu gong ying, do you have
: anything to offer me this morning? I need
: some nectar, you know us humming birds are
: very busy and need all the energy will can
: Yes my friend, please help yourself to
: whatever there is you need. For in your
: pursuit of this and that your being has
: giving you the ability to project into the
: future for all your apparent needs and
: " Yes indeed, it seems that I spend a
: lot of time making up my minds map of this
: reality, in hope that it matches what you
: experience. That, What Is , reality."
: "Why are you and I different, pu gong
: ying, in that I use projections and you
: Perhaps, my friend, is that you move and i
: I don't seem to need to project the future
: because everything i need is already here.
: You, on the other hand, need to remember the
: past so you can imagine the future so you
: know where to look for your food.
: " So what is the (te) of sitting
: Perhaps, humming bird, as you sit quietly in
: that bush and see without projecting, your
: minds map will become better suited for your
: continued existence.
: After its talk with master pu gong ying,
: humming bird flew to where it needed to go.
: in peace,
The wily hummingbird hitches a ride on an Albatross.
Ant doggedly crawls up hummingbird feeder pole covered in grease to satisfy his sweet tooth.
Yin/yang is a projection of the Tao.
Yin/yang is a real projection.
Yin and yang is not.
The adept is not blind to causation.
When one is unable to discern one thing from another this is called a guest looking at a guest. Linji.
A ghost looking at a ghost.
Moutains are mountains again.
Rivers are rivers.
There is a grain to existence. It only runs one way. The complex mind can extrapolate backwards and forwards. Such thinking can be useful or a distraction from what is right before one. It is all a matter of one's level of awareness.
The center does not move because it is already everywhere for there is nowhere that is without It.
We are both center and surround. Each a unique surround abiding in the same center. From the first nothing is. Not a thing is. From the first totality is a unitive one. A unity. Not One, Oneness. A quality that subsumes all quantities. The center is eternal. The surround is finite. Real, but finite.
I could be wrong but rat doubts it and Nina swears by it and Wayne plays with it when no one is looking.
Everyone's gone to the moon.
Message Thread | Skip to this response ↓|
- The old men and the Dandelion - gar 6/26/2009, 6:57 am
- A Bridge Between Self and Other. - Butcho 6/26/2009, 9:17 am
- Re: The Grey Chi moth and the Dandelion - gar 6/27/2009, 5:44 am
- The Wind and the Dandelion - gar 6/28/2009, 5:58 am
- The Flute player and the Dandelion - gar 6/29/2009, 4:39 am
- The Grasshopper and the Dandelion - gar 7/15/2009, 6:00 am
- The Mockingbird and the Dandelion - gar 7/19/2009, 6:45 am
- Water and the Dandelion - gar 7/30/2009, 6:13 am
- Rat and the Dandelion - gar 8/1/2009, 6:14 am
- The Sponge and the Dandelion - gar 8/13/2009, 7:23 am
- The Dog and the Dandelion - gar 9/8/2009, 8:11 am
- Zen and the Dandelion - gar 10/18/2009, 5:35 am
- The Spirit in the Forest - gar 2/22/2010, 5:15 am
- The Dandelion and the Thorn Bush - gar 8/1/2010, 6:15 am
- The Humming Bird and the Dandelion - gar 8/24/2010, 8:17 am
- Re: The Humming Bird and the Dandelion - Butcho 8/27/2010, 8:39 pm
- Re: The old men and the Dandelion - back 12/9/2012, 2:00 pm
- Re: The old men and the Dandelion - reposted 12/12/2012, 12:34 am
« Back to index