A Fall Day
Posted by gar on 10/27/2009, 6:53 am, in reply to "Zen and the Dandelion"
: As the sun rose above the eastern mountains
: pu gong ying stood motionless. In the
: stillness of the moment, thought frozen in
: time, the frost lay heavy on pu gong ying.
: In the endless cycle of change the swing of
: nature transformed Deer Creek into the
: stillness of winter, where movement and time
: became one.
: The emptiness that is the space between time
: and movement gives birth to all things and
: propels the swing in its endless movement.
: peace is in the valley.
: in peace,
While standing in the early morning woods watching my frosty breath, a life lesson started to reveal itself.
Here in the high country the leaves of the hardwood trees have turned brown and are waiting for the wind to blow them off their branches.
As i felt a slight breeze against my face i observed one leaf fall from a tree and begin a wonderful voyage of separateness. Because of circumstances the leaf was being lifted by the breeze and danced and floated with grace and ease as it eventually floated to the ground.
What was once indistinguishable, one of many, the leaf became uniquely observable on its journey to the forest floor. When the leaf landed, a slight sound was heard that marked the end of the journey. There it was transformed back to the indistinguishable.
A leaf is just a leaf but to an observer it can be separate, or whole.
Message Thread | Skip to this response ↓|
- The old men and the Dandelion - gar 6/26/2009, 6:57 am
- A Bridge Between Self and Other. - Butcho 6/26/2009, 9:17 am
- Re: The Grey Chi moth and the Dandelion - gar 6/27/2009, 5:44 am
- The Wind and the Dandelion - gar 6/28/2009, 5:58 am
- The Flute player and the Dandelion - gar 6/29/2009, 4:39 am
- The Grasshopper and the Dandelion - gar 7/15/2009, 6:00 am
- The Mockingbird and the Dandelion - gar 7/19/2009, 6:45 am
- Water and the Dandelion - gar 7/30/2009, 6:13 am
- Rat and the Dandelion - gar 8/1/2009, 6:14 am
- The Sponge and the Dandelion - gar 8/13/2009, 7:23 am
- The Dog and the Dandelion - gar 9/8/2009, 8:11 am
- Zen and the Dandelion - gar 10/18/2009, 5:35 am
- A Fall Day - gar 10/27/2009, 6:53 am
- The Spirit in the Forest - gar 2/22/2010, 5:15 am
- The Dandelion and the Thorn Bush - gar 8/1/2010, 6:15 am
- The Humming Bird and the Dandelion - gar 8/24/2010, 8:17 am
- Re: The old men and the Dandelion - back 12/9/2012, 2:00 pm
- Re: The old men and the Dandelion - reposted 12/12/2012, 12:34 am
« Back to index