Posted by Bao Pu on 2/7/2009, 6:24 pm, in reply to "Re: Why Did Lao Tzu Write the TTC ?"
: Why not Bao Pu,
: Do you just not care enough to share them
: with me, or are you feeling lazy ? Perhaps
: you are worried that if you share your
: thoughts others with differing views will
: attack you ? What do you think about Chapter 67 ?
I'm lazy. I feel guilty that I'm spending the day on a discussion forum rather than other things which should have priority.
I'm also unsure of your sincerity. You say you get something completely different from the DDJ than your friend, but haven't said what that is.
The whole world agrees in saying that my Way is great but appears unworthy.
It is only because it is great that it appears to be unworthy.
If it appeared worthy, it would have become small long ago.
Isn't that so!
I have three treasures that I hold on to and preserve:
The first I call loving kindness;
The second I call frugality;
The third I call never daring to put oneself first in the world.
The kind can be courageous;
The frugal can be generous;
Those who never dare to put themselves first in the world can become leaders of the various officials.
Now to be courageous without loving kindness,
To be generous without frugality,
To put oneself first without putting oneself behind others,
These will lead to death.
If one has loving kindness, in attack one will be victorious,
In defense one will be secure.
For Heaven will save you and protect you with loving kindness.
-- Like I said before, here are some tips on how to be successful and avoid early death. The author also suggests some virtues that he values and thinks are worth our while to practice.
health and happiness,
Message Thread | Skip to this response ↓|
- Why Did Lao Tzu Write the TTC ? - PuddinHead 2/6/2009, 12:24 am
- Re: Why Did Lao Tzu Write the TTC ? - Steve 2/6/2009, 7:42 am
- Re: Why Did Lao Tzu Write the TTC ? - Nina 2/6/2009, 9:29 am
- You can't have any pudding unless you eat yer meat! - Butcho 2/6/2009, 4:42 pm
- Re: Why Did Lao Tzu Write the TTC ? - jemimy 2/6/2009, 8:49 pm
- Re: Why Did Lao Tzu Write the TTC ? - ren ying 2/7/2009, 3:36 am
- Re: Why Did Lao Tzu Write the TTC ? - Bao Pu 2/7/2009, 6:35 am
- Re: Why Did Lao Tzu Write the TTC ? - gar 2/7/2009, 6:04 pm
- Re: Why Did Lao Tzu Write the TTC ? - stephen 7/9/2010, 9:13 pm
- louis vuitton replica - louis vuitton replica 11/12/2013, 1:10 am
- louis vuitton replica - louis vuitton replica 11/12/2013, 3:38 am
- mbt shoes hrvatska - mbt shoes hrvatska 11/14/2013, 3:17 am
- mbt shoes wide width - mbt shoes wide width 11/18/2013, 11:46 pm
« Back to index