1. The paint has to mixed and thinned real well so the paint drips off the brush.
2. My first attempt was a C-2 COD no blue lighting, no cleaning, just paint. The finish was terrible almost semi-gloss and the surface terrible.
3. Then I switched Testors Acrylic and even worse results.
4. Then I tried painting an SBD-3 in Polly Scale dark blue again no UV or cleaning. Good results
5. Next came a A-6 with wings deployed. I UV'ed it for 2 hours and not the recommended 1 hour. It came out white in certain areas . I then used a micro-brush applicator and very delicately washed down the aircraft with Bestine. Next I washed it in water with a Dawn solution, rinsed and let dry.
6. I applied a coat of Polly Scale Lt gray with a #1 brush and all detail came out, gone was the bumpy surface. The problem with these detailed aircraft is the details (drop tanks, weapons, struts etc.) have to be painted as well.
Tonight I will attempt another C-2 , a big bird with a lot of surfaces. Will follow the same pattern as with A-6. This is where I do believe I will need primer.
So far I have learned Testors Acrylics did not make the cut, Polly Scale did, Micro-applicator brush now important tool, new chemical Bestine I must buy, and Blue Light for 2 hours not one.