USS FLETCHER (DD-445) was completed (after fitting out at NYNY where her first twin 40-mm mount was installed ... FLETCHER never had a quad 1.1-in mount, only the first three BIW-built units did; USS NICHOLAS, O'BANNON, and CHEVALIER ... as more or less seen with the Revell 1/144 scale kit. She stayed in this configuration until she returned to NYNY for her Post-Shakedown Availability in late August 1942 when the fantail twin 40-mm mount was installed. FLETCHER sailed for the Pacific after completing that refit. I may as well add that we don't know what camo scheme FLETCHER was painted when she left NYNY. We do know that NICHOLAS and O'BANNON were painted in Ms 18. FLETCHER at the very least was painted in Ms 21 by January 1943 or at some point before that.
FLETCHER returned to the West Coast in the summer of 1943 due to powerplant issues and was overhauled and refitted to the TEN-40mm (FIVE TWIN 40-mm mounts) configuration. She never was in the SIX-40mm configuration. She completed her refit in September 1943 and remained in that configuration until late in WWII.
As for the Revell 1/144 scale kit. I'm not a fan of this kit. I find the 1/350 scale kits easier to build. display, and to find configuration variations for. For such a large scale kit, the 1/144 scale FLETCHER kit lacks some parts for items that should be there. The bridge equipment is completely missing (like pelorus) and the radio power conduits are no where to be found. Plus, they made a big error of reproducing the taper-backed Mk 37 director as her director. ALL FLETCHERS had the Square-Backed Mk 37 director in various Mods. The old Tamiya FLETCHER kit has issues, but they at least provided the fantail twin 40-mm mount and tub.
So for an accurate build, you will need;
- A Square-Back Mk 37 director without a commanders cockpit.
- Depending if you want to keep the kit twin 40-mm mount, you will need one more twin 40-mm mount, a Mk 51 director and a bulwark "tub" for the fantail mount installation. That is for her initial Pacific configuration.
- If you which to model her after her Ten-40mm configuration upgrade, you will need four to five twin 40-mm mounts, the Mk 51 directors for them, and bulwark "tubs" and deckhouses for them as required for their installations.
- Ironically, FLETCHER in either configuration would need SEVEN 20-mm guns. She left the East Coast with six 20-mm guns. One more 20-mm gun was installed atop her pilothouse in theater.
- FLETCHER was completed with the arbor post K-Gun depth charge stowage method for the 300-lb charges. The Roller stowage racks were installed when she was upgraded to the Ten-40mm configuration.
- FLETCHER was completed with the square shaped SC-1 radar (I think this was another thing that Revell got wrong). She was upgraded to the rectangular SC-2 radar during her Ten-40mm upgrade.
- FLETCHER retained the Mk 4 radar on her Mk 37 director in both configurations.
As for what parts are available in this 1/144 scale, I can't keep track of them. Check what is available from Shapeways (ModelMonkey and Starship Bob have a FEW 1/144 scale parts, plus likely others as well) in 3-D printed. There were some resin parts, but I don't know if they are still available. The parts in this scale aren't cheap, another reason I stick with 1/350 scale.
ModelMonkey has many of the items you will need. Some people use the kit's 5-in gun mounts, others prefer to use after-market mounts ... https://www.shapeways.com/shops/model_monkey?section=1%2F144+to+1%2F150+Scales&s=0
Shapeways has a search category of 1/144 scale ships parts that gets you a fairly sizable group of manufacturers, most of which i have not used ... https://www.shapeways.com/marketplace/miniatures/ships/?tag=1%2F144
BUT ... if the designer didn't include the scale "1/144" and "ship" in his parts description, some parts don't show up here.
An example are the 40-mm guns. There is a separate search category you can use ... https://www.shapeways.com/marketplace/miniatures/ships/?tag=40mm ... Which it use to be that there were NO 40-mm guns made by 3-d printing.
So good luck hunting!!