[ Post a Response | The SteelNavy.Com Message Board ]
Another Hornet (CV-8) question?
Posted by Robert Smith on October 4, 2017, 16:21:36
I have been going through my references and on-line photos, but I still cannot find the answers I need. During the Midway campaign, the grey strips on the flight deck were painted out and no other marking were on the flight deck. Is this correct? The second question I have concerns the plated over portholes on the second deck. Were these plated over after the Midway campaign during her August '42 refit? Close up photos of her at the Battle of Santa Cruz show them plated over but I cannot find a close enough photo of them during Midway. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
- Re: Another Hornet (CV-8) question? - Robert Smith October 6, 2017, 15:24:50
- CV-8 Deck Markings at Midway - Mark T October 6, 2017, 8:04:58
- Re: Another Hornet (CV-8) question? - Wade October 5, 2017, 8:04:02
- What is your source for them being painted out? - Tracy White October 5, 2017, 7:23:51
- Re: book on CV-8, no joy - James Hood October 4, 2017, 19:29:49
SteelNavy.Com Home Page