The fit problems are:
1) the glue on side "deck/floor" contours do not match the hull sides. They fit below the railings on the inside of the hull and even if you cut the railings off the shape of the hull sides and these glue on parts is just not the same
2) the vertical joints where the side inserts join to the hull do not fit
3) there are 1/8: gaps at the hull side back and rear panels
4) the hull and hull sides, when glued, are not flush at the top so the deck is wavy.
5) the openings on the side for the elevators are not really true or square because the kit parts are rough and not very true.
: the hull sides do have railing down at the
: hanger deck level as I have about 4 of those
: kits, 1 I built 30+yrs ago & 3 either
: off ebay or off members from the modelship
: sites I am on like this site.
: --Previous Message--
: The ill fitting vertical hull side walls
: no railing. There are a couple sponsons
: with railings but those fit okay and are not
: part of the issue in getting the deck to sit
: flat and flush.