There are two significant problems with the project.
1. Conversions generally don't sell. USS Pennsylvania is the notable exception.
2. Too many ships, too many configurations. As you know, the Fletcher class is a HUGE class of ships that served for many years. The class is so big, built by so many different shipyards across several years, modified countless times, that research confirms that there are significant, noticeable differences between each ship of the class over their many years of service.
There are just too many ships, each one nearly unique, with very noticeable, identifiable differences, in order to develop a representative (generic) fit that would likely generate enough sales to pay for the research and design time.
What modelers often ask for is a set of parts to build one specific ship during a very short service period, say 1-2 years, just as it appeared when that modeler (or modeler's relative) served aboard it. (Thanks for your service!)
I have accepted those requests in the past (e.g. Essex SCB islands). But when I have designed the requested product, the product sold just once and only to that modeler. No one else, apparently, was interested. Sometimes, the requester did not buy at all. Unfortunately, that is an unsustainable business model.
As much as I would like to develop mid- and late-war packages, DDE as well as a FRAM Fletcher (I would, very much), I'm going to have to pass on those projects.
Having said all that, much is coming. Here's the 2017 project queue (lines 1-16 are complete):
1. HMS Hood products (15" turrets and correct funnels DONE!)
2. RMS Titanic, Olympic and HMHS Britannic products (1/350 scale cargo cranes and crane pedestals DONE!)
3. IJN subjects (sets of 33 mushroom ventilators and 58 rectangular cowl ventilators in 1/350 and 1/200 DONE!)
4. Lexington class products (various islands and funnels for both ships, as well as angle-back Mk.37 directors for Saratoga 1942-1945 DONE!)
5. Brooklyn class products (6"/47 turrets, 5"/38 Mk.32 mounts, Mk.34 directors, Mk.37 directors all DONE!)
6. Cleveland class products ("square bridge", 6"/47 turrets, aft barbettes, 5"/38 Mk.32 mounts, Mk.34 directors, Mk.37 directors all DONE!)
7. Baltimore class products (8"/55 turrets for WWII and a separate set for Vietnam, 5"/38 Mk.32 mounts, Vietnam War-era enlarged, enclosed bridges for USS Saint Paul CA-73 and USS Los Angeles CA-135 and a set of Mk.34 + Mk.37 + Mk.56 directors all DONE!)
8. New York class products (turrets and USS Texas BB-35 fighting top (1944) DONE!
9. North Carolina class and South Dakota class products (BB-55 class 16"/45 triple turrets, BB-57 class 16"/45 turrets, 5"/38 Mk.28 mounts, Mk.38 directors, NC class funnels, "angle-back" and "square-back" Mk.37 directors all DONE!)
10. Montana class products (set of four 1/700 scale 16"/50 cal. turrets, Mk.38 directors all DONE!)
11. Alaska class products (5"/38 Mk.32 mounts, "square-back" Mk.37 directors and Mk.38 directors all DONE!)
12. Charles F. Adams class products (5"/54 Mk.42 Frog Eye mounts DONE!)
13. DKM Graf Zeppelin products (SL-8 rangefinders DONE!)
14. Admiral Hipper class products (SL-8 rangefinders DONE!)
15. John C. Butler class and Rudderow class destroyer escort products (5"/38 singe mounts with rear rooftop facet DONE!
16. Iowa class products (16"/50 cal. turrets, 5"/38 Mk.28 mounts, "angle-back" for BB-61 and BB-62 and "square-back" and Cold War-style (boxy) Mk.37 directors, Mk.38 directors, Cold War-era (pre-modernization) quadruped main masts DONE!
17. Colorado class products (Mk.19 directors, WeeVee 01 level with openings for casemate guns DONE!, 16" twin turrets, and fighting tops coming)
18. Balao class products (USS Balao SS-285 fairwater DONE!, USS Lionfish fairwater design at 90% complete, new research materials received, 1/350 scale will be first scale available)
19. Essex class products (5"/38 Mk.32 twin mounts, Cold War (boxy) Mk.37 directors, Korean War-era islands all DONE!, Vietnam War-era islands 1/350 DONE!, 1/700 coming, Hancock '72 island, and WWII-era island with enlarged pilot house, research complete)
20. Bismarck class products (SL-8 AA-battery rangefinders DONE, 15" turrets and main battery rangefinders coming)
21. Tennessee class products (Mk.19 directors, a set of 1928-1934 fighting tops and a separate set of 1935-1941 fighting tops are DONE!, 14" triple turrets coming)
22. Benson/Gleaves and Porter class destroyer products (angle-back Mk.37 directors DONE!, new "ragtop" designs of 5"/38 single mounts, and twin mounts for Porters coming)
23. Sumner and Gearing class products (5"/38 Mk.38 twin mounts are DONE!, Sumner bridge conversion for Lindberg "Blue Devil Destroyer" coming)
24. Pennsylvania class products (Mk.19 directors, various superstructure designs through 1941 DONE! USS Arizona 01 level and USS Pennsylvania 1944 superstructure -research complete)
25. Des Moines class products (8"/55 turrets coming)
26. New Orleans class products (8"/55 Mk.9 triple turrets coming)
27. Fletcher class products ("square bridge", single knuckle and double knuckle 5"/38 mounts, quintuple torpedo mount DONE!, "round bridge" - research complete, Toro UJ-2 Torpedo Tube coming)
28. Forrest Sherman class products (5"/54 Mk.42 Frog Eye mounts DONE!, bridge - ASW version, too, coming)
29. Midway class products (5"/54 Mk.16 mounts DONE!, USS Midway CV-41 island - as-built, Korean War-era and Vietnam War-era island designs requested)
30. Forrestal class products (5"/54 Mk.42 Frog Eye mounts DONE!, USS Saratoga CV-60 and USS Ranger CV-61 islands (each unique), corrected sponsons requested)
31. Deutschland class products (DKM Admiral Scheer conversion, 1/350 scale, requested)
32. Scharnhorst class products (main battery rangefinders and SL-8 rangefinders DONE!, 15" turrets for rebuilt Gneisenau coming)
Hopefully, the queue has something in it that you find pleasing.
Thanks again, Wade! Sorry the Fletcher news isn't better.