MONOGRAPH ON THE LOSS OF BATTLECRUISER HMS HOOD
Seaforth Publishing (Pen & Sword Books) have suggested that I may be able to contact Mr Steve Backer, through you, for permission to use the following from his book “British Battlecruisers of the Second World War” -
Picture: HMS Hood – inner front cover.
I am negotiating with a firm for the possible publication of a monograph of about 25000 words, on the matters outlined below.
1. To trace the origins and development of HMS Hood, amongst British battlecruisers and battleships of the dreadnought era.
2. To outline the changing fortunes of the British battlecruiser as a type of ship, with particular reference to the battle of Jutland (31 May 1916).
3. To provide a narrative on the interception of a German raiding squadron in the Denmark Strait (24 May 1941).
4. To describe the deployment and loss of HMS Hood during that encounter.
5. To examine and comment on a number of issues arising, including whether there may have been an 'immune zone' for the ship, within which her part of the engagement could have been fought.
6. To make fair use of a range of published works relevant to these matters, such as books, plans, diagrams and charts, while applying basic mathematical techniques where appropriate.
7. To record any specific conclusions of my own, especially if they appear to break new ground.
The aim is to have a small print run of about 100 copies. With this in mind, I am seeking approval to make some use of previously published material. Please let me know whether you can assist, so that this may be agreed. These are my contact details.
Mr P S Trigg, 38 Sinclair Court, Copers Cope Road, Beckenham Kent BR3 1PA
(020) 86585407 email@example.com
Best regards - Phil Trigg