I tried out Al's Mamba 8.5 and it felt pretty big on me. I'm hoping to work something out with Bob B. who has the smaller Mamba 8.0. Might be able to try that out this weekend. Hopefully can make a decision and pick up the new boat before this weekend is over.
Fife will still be enjoyable as long as its still passable in those few spots. I really want to see what it looks like at 850cfs.
No idea about the Dryway, but since I've never been on it at least I won't notice any changes when/if I do get on it.