Dust. Although...I do have a funny (it's funny NOW) story about this >>
Posted by Dawn - OSS on April 13, 2018, 11:43 am, in reply to "If someone came over, what would they find top of your fridge?"
very subject. So...my hubby is 6' 5". I am a foot shorter. I cannot see on top of the fridge w/o a stool or chair. About 10 years ago, the family headed out to dinner. I was driving, hubby was in passenger seat, our kids were in the back. The kids were teens at the time, so pretty much being in our presence was mortifying for them, but they were about to wish they could be invisible.
Police car pulls in behind us on a very busy street. Lights start flashing. Oh, great. First thing I do is check my speed. No problem there. I pull over. Nice police woman walks up. I roll down my window. She asks me if I was aware my plates were expired. I said, "Um..no, they aren't." She smiles. "Yes, Ma'am, they are." I know they are NOT expired as I had gotten the renewal tags in the mail and given them to my husband to put on the plates. (Does anyone see where this is going?). He swears I never gave them to him. Yes...I am putting this very direct question to him in front of the officer and in front of our kids who are now pressing themselves as far back into the seat as possible. I am pretty HOT by now as I KNOW I gave the tags to my husband who is looking at me with this blank stare. The officer, sensing that she doesn't want to be in the middle of this um...discussion, politely gives me a warning and walks away.
So, just WHERE do you think the tags were? Yep, he put them on top of the fridge so he could get to them LATER. Only later never came, and since I couldn't see on top of the fridge, I was none the wiser. Moral of the story: put your own danged tags on your car and check the top of the fridge occasionally!
As I said, it's funny NOW.
Link: One Sixth Sense
Message Thread | This response ↓|
- If someone came over, what would they find top of your fridge? - Doll Divas Inquiry April 13, 2018, 8:33 am
- Re: If someone came over, what would they find top of your fridge? - Sandi M in Chicagoland April 14, 2018, 6:16 pm
- The candy bowl. - Rebelranger April 13, 2018, 9:05 pm
- A beautiful cobalt blue depression glass bowl! - Emjay April 13, 2018, 5:09 pm
- Wooden salad bowl and some coffee mugs. - Donna In OR April 13, 2018, 4:23 pm
- A cookbook display rack full of cookbooks and maybe a cat:) - Jen H April 13, 2018, 4:14 pm
- A box of organic chocolate chip cookies, which probably won't be there for much longer. - Amber April 13, 2018, 3:05 pm
- Well, they'd be kinda nosy to look there but all they'd find is dust. - Judie in Montreal April 13, 2018, 2:39 pm
- Dust and maybe a cat or three? - Saucy Suwi April 13, 2018, 1:41 pm
- That's hubby's storage space for crumpled up receipts and opened envelopes. I try to ignore it. - Gwenevere April 13, 2018, 1:00 pm
- An electric fry pan, fly swatters, and lots of dust bunnies! - Kimberlee in MI April 13, 2018, 12:10 pm
- A 1/6 scale fridge; a lamp; a vintage juicer...and dust of course ;O) - Alex April 13, 2018, 11:43 am
- Dust. Although...I do have a funny (it's funny NOW) story about this >> - Dawn - OSS April 13, 2018, 11:43 am
- cabinet, ours just fits under it (dust would be the other thing) - Jill April 13, 2018, 10:35 am
- Nothing but some dust - valmaxi April 13, 2018, 10:25 am
- A ceramic container that has a carved face on it, and a big flashlight. - Steph in ma April 13, 2018, 9:31 am
- Wicker baskets - Eva Marie April 13, 2018, 9:19 am
- A 13" tv, menus, and a doll box or two :O) lol - Anika April 13, 2018, 9:11 am
- Not a thing - lovindollz April 13, 2018, 9:08 am
- Rock Em Sock Em Robots and the robot from Lost in Space. :0 - KC April 13, 2018, 9:06 am
- unused juicer. - dalsdolls April 13, 2018, 9:03 am
- An electric griddle we bought 10 years ago and only used once, yet hubby won't get rid of. - CariCT April 13, 2018, 8:48 am
- 1:6 scale minis :-) - Queli April 13, 2018, 8:41 am
« Back to index | View thread »