When I recently became bound to a wheelchair and had to reorganize >>>
Posted by Patricia B on February 12, 2018, 2:43 am, in reply to "Possibly strange question: Has anyone had the carpeting in their doll room replaced?"
my entire trailer home, my biggest problem was where to start? what to do?..very similar to your problem. I suggest the first thing you need is to know who will move the furniture for you..when i had my floors done, all the furniture had to be out of the room before the floor man would come in..i'd check to see if that's the case in your area, and if it is, i'd phone around for info from movers, before i'd start packing up the dolls. if you find one who will do the job, then i'd start packing up BEFORE i'd hire them..that way, you can pack at your own rate, and not have to rush. as far as the packing goes, because of your bad back, i'd forget about going down all those stairs..a new carpet just isn't worth possibly injuring yourself..you might have to put up with boxes of dolls artfully arranged in different rooms...it's a big job, but the trick is (IMHO) to take a deep breath, and tackle it slowly, one small box at a time, always taking care of your back ..after all, you've tolerated the old carpet this long, you can afford to take your time..hope this helps....please let us know how you're doing..
- Possibly strange question: Has anyone had the carpeting in their doll room replaced? - Marna February 11, 2018, 1:53 pm
- I removed the carpet in my doll room...had to hire a handyman and help him...more - Valerie in Chicago February 12, 2018, 8:14 am
- When I recently became bound to a wheelchair and had to reorganize >>> - Patricia B February 12, 2018, 2:43 am
- Hmm, we redid our house floors last year, and the last room is the tiny extra bedroom 10x11 that we - Sandi Magle February 11, 2018, 5:24 pm
- I had to have all the carpet in my apartment completely replaced. msg... - Eva Marie February 11, 2018, 3:48 pm
- I had the modern loft house, I turned into my Tonners tiny house..but I have 3 dioramas built for - Amber in Mn Bashette February 11, 2018, 3:28 pm
- I am in the process of doing this with my sewing/doll room now and yes, the pack up is daunting! - Gwenevere February 11, 2018, 2:27 pm
« Back to index | View thread »