Monday not to bad working through a load of doll 'stuff' that I will be looking to give away or sell. Wanted to take some photo's but way to windy.
Tuesday Sophie went to collage and mum, Amy and I went to Tesco shopping plus mum had an eye test booked and more important we wanted to book our vacation. Arrived at 9:30 I did tell the Virgin agent that it was going to be a complicated booking but even for me this one was a doozy! I told her we needed to be in Orlando for convention and wanted to stay for a week. THEN we wanted to.....
1. Drive to Miami over a couple of days and then stay in our usual hotel for a week.
2. Fly to Key West and stay in our Key West hotel a few days then get a car and dive to Miami to finish the week.
3. Fly to NEW YORK.... Amy came up with that idea.
4. Fly to Miami for a week at our usual hotel.
Now, the convention hotel is fully booked I already know this so I had found one I thought was near the convention hotel (I googled it and it's a seven minute walk) That was available so far so good!
Going through the list above
1. To drive would cost almost £1000 more than to fly???
2. Hotel not available and no car rental from Key West!!
3. Not really an idea just a thought from Amy.
4. We sort of ended up with this one but the hotel we have been staying at for the last 22 years is no longer a Virgin hotel due to it going down hill over the last few years! BUT we did find another hotel that we hope will be OK?
Now while talking vacations before I went to the Virgin office I had looked up a few hotels in Orlando and noted to price for one week plus flights. So lets say it was £3500 when the agent gave me my quote this was for one week in Orlando, one week in Miami, flight from Orlando to Miami and flights to Orlando and home from Miami... cost £3200????? OK, so I do get a discount as a Virgin Holiday Club member bet even so???? Anyway all booked so looking forward to later in the year and it only took three and a half hours to book!!!!
After some shopping (for fathers day) we arrived home mid afternoon and was ready for a swim in the pool!
Wednesday, Sophie volunteers at the local hospital (in the kitchen) boy it's a HOT ONE today. As soon as the jobs in the house were done we were so happy to have a lovely swim, the water was perfect. I have had the news on all day as there has been the most horrible fire in London.Many have died and 100's have lost their homes. Even now the fire is still going it's just so very, very sad. But on the other side so many want to help with rooms in their homes with food, clothes and so much more. So much good from so much bad....
Just to end on a lighter note
Ashley watching Ike
Ike ignoring Ashley
« Back to index | View thread »