Job Title: Tribal Administrator
Location: McGrath, AK
Supervisor: Dually Supervised MNVC/TCC
Pay Range: DOE
Status: Full Time; Regular
Job Summary: Job incumbent is responsible for the overall administration of all tribal activities of the Tribal Council. This includes preparation of grant proposals and contracts to obtain projects and programs for the Tribal Council. Assist village residents with economic development activities. Perform clerical functions needed including: correspondence, grant reporting, filing, scheduling of meetings, and all other duties as assigned. Provides and oversees program delivery for all tribally administered BIA and/or Indian Health Service programs. Monitors all tribal budgets.
Essential functions: Under the direct supervision of the Village Tribal Council, job incumbent:
1. Maintains files of correspondence and other records. Replies to correspondence, forms, reports and other related materials as necessary.
2. Becomes familiar with grants and other funding available to the tribe; process grant proposals and application forms. Provide information to members of the tribe and help process applications for specific program funds.
3. Attend council meetings, coordinate training for council members, post notice of meetings, prepare agenda and record minutes of meetings; submit regular progress to the council.
4. Maintain program records and implement requested services.
5. Monitors all tribal budgets.
6. Oversee all contractual obligations entered into between the tribe and TCC.
1. Perform other related duties as assigned.
1. High school diploma or GED equivalent.
2. Knowledge of Native culture and tribal structure.
3. General knowledge of office procedures and ability to operate standard office equipment.
4. One to three years work experience performing accounting functions. Ability to compute mathematical calculations for budget preparation and analysis.
5. Previous grant writing experience preferred.
6. Ability to organize and prioritize work and to meet deadlines.
7. Strong written, verbal, analytical and interpersonal skills. Strong public relation skills a must.
8. Previous supervision experience helpful.
Supervision: This position is a dually supervised position by the Tanana Chiefs Conference and the Village Tribal Council. Position may supervise staff, if requested by Tribal Council.
Physical Demands: Mostly sedentary position. Some travel required. Incumbent must be able to lift, carry, push, and pull at least 20 pounds. Incumbent may be expected to travel. Incumbent must be able to work accurately and efficiently in a busy and sometimes stressful position.
Summation: Job incumbent must be organized and timely. Good public relations skills are essential in working with tribal membership and general public. Must be flexible to adapt to evolving job duties. Must be able to work independently with limited supervision. Must maintain confidentiality.
Applications are available at the McGrath Native Village Council Offices or by requesting an application, please call 524-3024.
« Back to index