P O S I T I O N O P E N I N G
TITLE: MAINTENANCE ASSISTANT
LOCATION: McGrath, Alaska
1. High School Diploma or equivalent.
2. Five years of successful work experience in building maintenance and operations.
3. Must possess a valid Alaska Driverís license.
4. Knowledge of basic office practices, procedures and equipment. Excellent telephone and computer skills required.
5. Proficient in Word and Excel and ability to type a minimum of 50 wpm.
6. Strong writing skills. (A writing sample will be collected at the interview.)
7. Experience preparing and maintaining a variety of clerical records, correspondence, files and reports. Must be highly organized.
8. Documented knowledge of the principles, practices, procedures, equipment and materials pertinent to the repair, maintenance, and operation of school buildings and related facilities and equipment.
9. Ability to work with a web-based maintenance work order and preventative maintenance system.
10. Ability to develop and implement appropriate, cost-effective procurement procedures and practices including preparing bids for services and materials/supplies.
11. Ability to plan and direct cost-effective maintenance and operational procedures including energy conservation planning.
12. Ability to interpret blueprints and technical operations manuals as needed.
13. Ability to review the work order system and work with the local principal-teachers in assisting the assignment of daily work.
14. Ability to relate positively and cooperatively with students, other district personnel, and school patrons in the public education environment.
15. Physical condition and agility necessary for this position, including moving freight and mail up to 70 lbs.
16. Travel as needed to remote village sites by single engine airplane.
17. Ability and experience to carry out successfully the duties described in the job description.
1. Education or training beyond high school in business, building trades, or a related field.
2. Successful work experience in the area of facility maintenance and operation.
3. Grant writing experience preferred.
4. Budget planning experience preferred.
REPORTS TO: Maintenance Director
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES: A detailed job description is available upon request.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: This is a permanent/seasonal position, 8 hours per day, 240 days/year.
SALARY: Salary is DOE. Salary in accordance to Classified Negotiated Agreement.
CLOSING DATE: May 4, 2012. SELECTION: Until filled.
APPLY TO: Submit detailed resume or IASD application to:
Steve Graham, Maintenance Director
P.O. Box 90, McGrath, AK 99627
or email: email@example.com
APPLICATIONS FROM MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED
IASD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
« Back to index