March 28, 2012
TITLE: PART-TIME BUSINESS OFFICE ASSISTANT
LOCATION: McGrath, Alaska
1. High School diploma or equivalent; bookkeeping or accounting experience including payroll in a comparable business or government organization. A combination of experience and/or education may be considered at the discretion of the district .
2. Must be proficient in Excel including intermediate spreadsheet skills and Word.
3. Must have a good eye for detail, high level of accuracy and speed and be able to work independently.
4. Experience applying basic principles, practices, procedures, equipment and materials pertinent to bookkeeping and accounting.
5. Knowledge and experience using other standard office machines.
6. Ability to carry out successfully the duties listed in the job description.
7. Experience preparing routine correspondence and reports.
8. Ability to plan and organize work projects and adhere to fixed schedules.
1. Two years of post-secondary training in bookkeeping or accounting.
2. Three years documented accounting experience including payroll processing, employee and financial reporting .
3. Accounts payable and purchasing experience preferred.
4. Experience with CIMS Financial and Employee Management System programs
and the IBM AS/400 computer.
REPORTS TO: Business Manager
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES: A detailed job description is available upon request.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: This is a permanent, part-time position, 4 hours/day, 12 months per year.
SALARY: Salary is DOE. Salary in accordance to Classified Negotiated Agreement.
CLOSING DATE: April 12, 2012 or until filled.
SELECTION: April 16, 2012 or until filled
TO APPLY: Submit detailed resume or IASD application to:
Isabelle Harrington, Business Manager
P.O. Box 90
McGrath, AK 99627
Or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
For additional information on our district, visit our website: www.iditarodsd.org
Persons who have previously applied for positions with IASD should verify their application is on file.
Qualified IASD staff, Affirmative Action goals, local hire and veterans will be given preference on all position openings.
APPLICATIONS FROM MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED
IASD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
« Back to index