DITAROD AREA SCHOOL DISTRICT
P.O. BOX 90 McGRATH, ALASKA 99627 (907) 524-3599x224 FAX (907) 524-3217
February 29, 2012
POSITION: PROJECT SUPERVISOR Ė SHORT-TERM
LOCATION: Holy Cross, Alaska
Required 1. High School Diploma or equivalent.
2. Fifteen years of successful work experience in building construction and related fields
3. Documented knowledge of the principles, practices, procedures, equipment and materials pertinent to the construction, repair, maintenance, and operation of school buildings and related facilities and equipment.
4. Experience planning and supervising various construction projects including general construction, major maintenance repairs and other related construction work. To include the ability to use limited materials in an efficient and conservative manner.
5. Ability to work with a web-based maintenance work order and preventative maintenance system. Computer knowledge and word processing skills necessary.
6. Experience and ability to plan, develop and manage a project budget in a cost effective manner.
7. Ability to develop and implement appropriate, cost-effective procurement procedures and practices including preparing bids for services and materials/supplies.
8. Ability to interpret blueprints and technical operational manuals.
9. Ability to select, train, supervise and evaluate subordinate personnel.
10. Ability to assign work based as needed on each phase of any project.
11. Ability to relate positively and cooperatively with students, other district personnel, and school patrons in the public education environment.
12. Physical condition and agility necessary to inspect all building facilities from crawl spaces to roof tops.
13. Travel on a regular basis to remote village sites by single engine airplane.
14. Ability and experience to carry out successfully the duties described in the job description.
15. Must have a valid driverís license.
Preferred 1. Bachelorís Degree in architecture, engineering or a related field.
2. Fifteen or more years of successful work experience in the area of construction and construction management.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES: A detailed job description is available upon request.
REPORTS TO: Director of Buildings and Grounds
JOB GOAL: Remove, repair, replace the school roof in Holy Cross, Alaska in order to eliminate all health and safety issues that currently exist.
EMPLOYMENT: This is a short-term position, 10 hours/day. Anticipate the position not to exceed two months. Salary DOE.
CLOSING DATE: May 1, 2012 or until filled.
SELECTION: Selection will be made on our about May 15, 2012 or until filled.
APPLY TO: Iditarod Area School District
Box 90, McGrath, AK 99627
Attn: Steve Graham, Director of Buildings and Grounds or
e-mail detailed resume and references to: email@example.com
IASD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER.
« Back to index