LOCATION: Holy Cross, Grayling or Shageluk and Anvik
1. Valid Alaska Teacherís Certificate with current Type B Endorsement
2. Experience in leadership and supervision of teachers and staff.
3. Minimum 3 years teaching experience in rural Alaskan schools.
4. Ability and experience in training, supervising and evaluating personnel.
5. Ability to provide a strong model of instructional supervision and professional development.
6. Expertise and application of research-based best teaching practices.
7. Knowledge and expertise in incorporating local and cultural ways of knowing and learning in the existing educational program.
8. Ability to organize and carry out duties with minimal supervision.
9. Physical condition and agility necessary to carry out the duties of this position.
1. Elementary Certification
2. Experience in teacher supervision and school administration
3. Special Education endorsement and/or experience
4. Experience in curriculum development
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES: Job description available upon request.
Reports To: Superintendent
Supervises: Staff in the villages of Grayling, Shageluk, Holy Cross, Anvik
LENGTH OF CONTRACT: 200 days pro-rated to the end of the school year
SALARY: Depending upon experience and education.
CLOSING DATE: November 4, 2011 or until filled. SELECTION: On or about November 11, 2011 or until filled.
APPLY TO: Submit a letter of interest that also summarizes qualifications and lists references to: Karen Ladegard, Superintendent
PO Box 90, McGrath, Alaska 99627
Or e-mail: email@example.com
APPLICATIONS FROM MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED
IASD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYE
« Back to index