ANTICIPATED OPENINGS FOR THE 2011-12 SCHOOL YEAR THROUGHOUT THE DISTRICT
• Principal – Type B administrative certificate required
• Area Administrator – Type B administrative certificate required; curriculum development background preferred
• CTE Teacher – Experience in CTE/Voc. Ed. classes: mechanics, woodworking, or technology required.
1. Valid Alaska Certificate or in the process of obtaining an Alaska certification. Must be highly qualified.
2. Must be willing to travel on a regular basis in itinerant positions.
3. Experience or certification in the primary assignment and/or secondary assignment.
4. Experience in integrated project-orientate/hands-on learning preferred.
5. Ability to plan, organize, develop, prepare and deliver under minimal supervision, educational programs to students’ assigned subject(s) and/or grade level(s) and students’ individual abilities.
6. Cross-cultural experience and/or course work preferred.
7. Successful rural teaching experiences or can demonstrate the ability and knowledge to work competently with Native Alaskan students and all students in an isolated and rural setting.
8. Experience and understanding of best teaching practices and can explain and demonstrate effective use of such practices in a classroom setting.
9. The physical and mental capacity to adjust to challenging and remote environments.
10. Experience and understanding importance of ongoing formative and summative assessments. Ability to use the data to improve instruction and learning for students. Assessments might include portfolios, scoring guides, running records, observations, and analytical and contextual, plus others.
11. Proficient technology skill in commonly used software programs including Office, e-mail, internet etc., that can be demonstrated on PC’s or Macs.
12. Knowledge and understanding of Alaska State Professional Teaching Practicies Commission statutes.
13. Special considerations given for this position include: Native American/Alaskan teachers.
SALARY & DURATION: Depending upon experience and education; salary is based on the Teacher’s Negotiated Agreement for teaching positions – 190 days; administrative positions will have additional days.
CLOSING DATE: April 13, 2011 or until filled.
SELECTION: Until filled.
APPLY TO: Submit a letter of interest that also summarizes qualifications and lists references to:
Karen Ladegard, Superintendent
Iditarod Area School District
P.O. Box 90
McGrath, Alaska 99627
Or e-mail: email@example.com
APPLICATIONS FROM MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED
IASD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
« Back to index