1250 SCALE MESSAGE BOARD
[ Post a Response | 1250 SCALE MESSAGE BOARD ]
Re: Sad news
Posted by Jim Davis on 12/4/2018, 8:56 am, in reply to "Sad news
Sorry to hear this. I did business a few years back with him, selling him the 4-5 Noordzee models I had acquired. He was very pleasant to deal with.
Sorry to report another one of our long-time collectors has passed. Mark Geraghty of New York City and Long Island, whom many of you may know from our East Coast meetings at SUNY Maritime, succumbed a few days ago after a long battle with cancer.
A former Marine Corps officer and a practicing attorney in NYC for 57 years, Mark was an avid collector of high quality models, chiefly liners, and over the years developed close personal relationships and friendships with many model producers, dealers and collectors, both in the US and overseas. Mark was a frequent visitor to Munich as well as a charter member of the SMSC, and served on the Board of the U.S. Merchant Marine Academy Museum, where he was among those who were instrumental in the Museum's acquisition of the Menschaar collection of Heinrich and Noordzee models. He helped initiate the SMSC's ongoing partnership with the museum and contributed several of his own models to the ongoing "CONVOY" exhibit there, now in its eighth year.
Mark was a kind, knowledgeable, generous and helpful gentleman who will be sadly missed.
- Sad news - John Olsen 12/4/2018, 6:40 am
- Re: Sad news - Jake Smith 12/7/2018, 3:13 pm
- Re: Sad news - Jan Muntz 12/5/2018, 8:41 am
- Re: Sad news - Josh Smith 12/4/2018, 11:58 am
- Re: Sad news - Jim Davis 12/4/2018, 8:56 am
- yes, sad - Mark 12/4/2018, 8:00 am
- Re: Sad news - Paul 12/4/2018, 7:36 am
- Re: Sad news - Bill Gilpin 12/4/2018, 10:35 am
- Re: Sad news - Ulrich Rudofsky 12/4/2018, 7:56 am
- PS - Ulrich Rudofsky 12/4/2018, 8:05 am
« Back to index