1250 SCALE MESSAGE BOARD
[ Post a Response | 1250 SCALE MESSAGE BOARD ]
Posted by Charles Jones on 7/11/2018, 5:18 pm, in reply to "Re: Quiz
Based on "Tully, Anthony P. "IJN Ryuho."
Ryūhō departed for Japan on 2 January 1945 escorted by Isokaze; when she arrived at Kure on 18 January, Ryūhō also gained the distinction of being the last Japanese aircraft carrier to venture outside the home waters of Japan."
There ya go. I could not get Kitakami (the CL) out of my head.
Hosho yes, but last one was probably a late build carrier they used for repatriation duties.
IJN's first carrier was Hosho and the last carrier to sail with an airgroup (albeit they never took off) was Ryuho.
Without looking it up, name the first and last Japanese carriers to make a voyage under their own power. Not meant to include the current non-carrier carriers of the JMSDF.
- Quiz - Jim Davis 7/11/2018, 1:21 pm
- Re: Quiz - Dean A Markley 7/13/2018, 4:56 am
- Re: Quiz - Charles Jones 7/11/2018, 1:24 pm
- Re: Quiz - Dan Crooks 7/11/2018, 2:04 pm
- Re: Quiz - PhilW 7/11/2018, 2:07 pm
- Re: Quiz - Dan Muir 7/12/2018, 5:37 am
- Re: Quiz - Dan Crooks 7/11/2018, 2:21 pm
- Re: Quiz - Charles Jones 7/11/2018, 5:18 pm
- Re: Quiz - Dan Crooks 7/11/2018, 5:53 pm
- Re: Quiz - Charles Jones 7/11/2018, 7:01 pm
- Re: Quiz - Jim Davis 7/12/2018, 11:00 am
« Back to index