1250 SCALE MESSAGE BOARD
[ Post a Response | 1250 SCALE MESSAGE BOARD ]
Re: Which ship(s) won the war?
I strongly agree with you choice of submarines for the PTO. With all the other battles considered, it was the slow but steady erosion of Japan's always inadequate logistical capacity that ultimately led to Allied victory...not the timing, but the inevitability.
ETO - Escort Carriers & Higgins Boats
PTO - Subs & Higgins Boats.
Carriers maintained the drama in the Pacific, but without the island hopping and island based planes, no victory.
: Since the board is a little slow right now, I
: thought I'd try to get a little discussion
: going. OK. Here we go.... Comment on the
: ETO or PTO during WWII. Which single ship
: CLASS, in a single battle, did more to win
: the war in that theater than any other?
: For PTO, I'd say the Yorktown class at
: For ATO, no thoughts from me - I know far
: less about this theater of ops.
Message Thread | This response ↓|
- Which ship(s) won the war? - Jim Davis 5/11/2018, 7:32 am
- The unsinkable amphibious aircraft carrier - Hugh Thomas 5/15/2018, 12:01 am
- A different way of looking at things - a new theater... - Don Andrews 5/14/2018, 4:29 pm
- .None of them. All of them. - Wade 5/14/2018, 9:46 am
- Shortened the war - Kelvin Holmes 5/14/2018, 1:07 am
- Re: Which ship(s) won the war? -Comment - Bill Rowe 5/12/2018, 9:35 am
- Re: Which ship(s) won the war? - Alain 5/12/2018, 6:25 am
- Re: Which ship(s) won the war? - Michael S 5/11/2018, 11:14 am
- Re: Which ship(s) won the war? - Dick 5/11/2018, 11:05 am
- Re: Which ship(s) won the war? - Bob 5/11/2018, 10:16 am
- Re: Which ship(s) won the war? - Kevin Stewart 5/11/2018, 8:29 am
- Re: Which ship(s) won the war? - Peter Ewell 5/11/2018, 7:56 am
« Back to index