1250 SCALE MESSAGE BOARD
[ Post a Response | 1250 SCALE MESSAGE BOARD ]
Re: Which ship(s) won the war? -Comment
Probably not, though it is troubling to contemplate what would have happened had Midway been reversed, and all three U.S. carriers sunk, with minimal loss to the Japanese. Or, if D-Day had been a disaster for the Allies.
As for losing the war in an afternoon, Jellicoe would have had to suffer a defeat of massive proportions for the Allies to have lost command of the seas. The U-boat actually posed a greater threat to Britain than the German surface fleet did.
: It's a bit late to change names, but World War
: s Two would be more complete. There were
: no single battles that decided any theaters.
: There is nothing comparable to Jutland;
: Churchill's 'The only man who could have
: lost the war in an afternoon.' doesn't have
: WW2 equivalent.
: --Previous Message--
: Since the board is a little slow right now,
: thought I'd try to get a little discussion
: going. OK. Here we go.... Comment on the
: ETO or PTO during WWII. Which single ship
: CLASS, in a single battle, did more to win
: the war in that theater than any other?
: For PTO, I'd say the Yorktown class at
: For ATO, no thoughts from me - I know far
: less about this theater of ops.
Message Thread | This response ↓|
- Which ship(s) won the war? - Jim Davis 5/11/2018, 7:32 am
- The unsinkable amphibious aircraft carrier - Hugh Thomas 5/15/2018, 12:01 am
- A different way of looking at things - a new theater... - Don Andrews 5/14/2018, 4:29 pm
- .None of them. All of them. - Wade 5/14/2018, 9:46 am
- Shortened the war - Kelvin Holmes 5/14/2018, 1:07 am
- Re: Which ship(s) won the war? -Comment - Bill Rowe 5/12/2018, 9:35 am
- Re: Which ship(s) won the war? -Comment - Paul 5/12/2018, 10:31 am
- Re: Which ship(s) won the war? - Alain 5/12/2018, 6:25 am
- Re: Which ship(s) won the war? - Michael S 5/11/2018, 11:14 am
- Re: Which ship(s) won the war? - Dick 5/11/2018, 11:05 am
- Re: Which ship(s) won the war? - Bob 5/11/2018, 10:16 am
- Re: Which ship(s) won the war? - Kevin Stewart 5/11/2018, 8:29 am
- Re: Which ship(s) won the war? - Peter Ewell 5/11/2018, 7:56 am
« Back to index