1250 SCALE MESSAGE BOARD
[ Post a Response | 1250 SCALE MESSAGE BOARD ]
Re: Which ship(s) won the war?
No WWII's precised date in the question such as it is asked with "which single ship CLASS did more to win the war?"
ETO from 1939 to 1942 certainly the winner is the U-BOAT type VII-B, type VII-C and type IX-C.
From 1943 to 1945 the winner is the LIBERTY SHIP.
PTO from 194O Europe Asian colonies to Midway the winner is certainly torpedo planes from Japanese aircraft carriers. From this to August 1945 the winner is not a ship class but two bombs only : FAT MAN and TALL BOY! Otherwise Pacific War wouldn't be over with ships for long monthes yet.
: Since the board is a little slow right now, I
: thought I'd try to get a little discussion
: going. OK. Here we go.... Comment on the
: ETO or PTO during WWII. Which single ship
: CLASS, in a single battle, did more to win
: the war in that theater than any other?
: For PTO, I'd say the Yorktown class at
: For ATO, no thoughts from me - I know far
: less about this theater of ops.
Message Thread | This response ↓|
- Which ship(s) won the war? - Jim Davis 5/11/2018, 7:32 am
- The unsinkable amphibious aircraft carrier - Hugh Thomas 5/15/2018, 12:01 am
- A different way of looking at things - a new theater... - Don Andrews 5/14/2018, 4:29 pm
- .None of them. All of them. - Wade 5/14/2018, 9:46 am
- Shortened the war - Kelvin Holmes 5/14/2018, 1:07 am
- Re: Which ship(s) won the war? -Comment - Bill Rowe 5/12/2018, 9:35 am
- Re: Which ship(s) won the war? - Alain 5/12/2018, 6:25 am
- Re: Which ship(s) won the war? - Michael S 5/11/2018, 11:14 am
- Re: Which ship(s) won the war? - Dick 5/11/2018, 11:05 am
- Re: Which ship(s) won the war? - Bob 5/11/2018, 10:16 am
- Re: Which ship(s) won the war? - Kevin Stewart 5/11/2018, 8:29 am
- Re: Which ship(s) won the war? - Peter Ewell 5/11/2018, 7:56 am
« Back to index