1250 SCALE MESSAGE BOARD
[ Post a Response | 1250 SCALE MESSAGE BOARD ]
Re: Which ship(s) won the war?
I am sure this question will provoke endless debate, but my candidates are mundane:
- Gato class SS for PTO
- Flower class or escort carriers for ETO
These ignore your "single battle" criterion but are, I think, much more decisive....
: Since the board is a little slow right now, I
: thought I'd try to get a little discussion
: going. OK. Here we go.... Comment on the
: ETO or PTO during WWII. Which single ship
: CLASS, in a single battle, did more to win
: the war in that theater than any other?
: For PTO, I'd say the Yorktown class at
: For ATO, no thoughts from me - I know far
: less about this theater of ops.
Message Thread | This response ↓|
- Which ship(s) won the war? - Jim Davis 5/11/2018, 7:32 am
- The unsinkable amphibious aircraft carrier - Hugh Thomas 5/15/2018, 12:01 am
- A different way of looking at things - a new theater... - Don Andrews 5/14/2018, 4:29 pm
- .None of them. All of them. - Wade 5/14/2018, 9:46 am
- Shortened the war - Kelvin Holmes 5/14/2018, 1:07 am
- Re: Which ship(s) won the war? -Comment - Bill Rowe 5/12/2018, 9:35 am
- Re: Which ship(s) won the war? - Alain 5/12/2018, 6:25 am
- Re: Which ship(s) won the war? - Michael S 5/11/2018, 11:14 am
- Re: Which ship(s) won the war? - Dick 5/11/2018, 11:05 am
- Re: Which ship(s) won the war? - Bob 5/11/2018, 10:16 am
- Re: Which ship(s) won the war? - Kevin Stewart 5/11/2018, 8:29 am
- Re: Which ship(s) won the war? - Peter Ewell 5/11/2018, 7:56 am
« Back to index
Hosted for FREE by Boardhost.
Create your own free message board!