8. Optatus Berlin, Sindy Seeliger had the newly released Cape Orlando. She had taken preorders through the MR with a special Kassel price. Perhaps some other producers will follow up on this idea for 2019
9. Sindy also had quite few new releases of civilian ship models. Since my mine interest is in the gray ships, I will leave it for someone else to post about these models
10. Sadly, Argos did not attend the meeting. They had not reserved a table, either.
11. Norbert Broecher had the next batch of releases for the Leahy class. I am sure that Chris will post more about that, or you can check the latest newsletter from 1250ships.
12. Hai, Peter Krtina, had his latest releases of French TB boats.
13. Oliver Maertens had reserved a table, but was not able to attend, from what I heard for health reasons.
14. Helge Fischer had one new release of a German SAT. But he also had an extensive selection of enhanced and camouflagged models.
15. The publisher and the editor of the new Hamburg Rundbrief had a table. They told me that they were able to sign up a nice amount of new subscriptions. Against my advice, they are still contemplating an English version, perhaps extended to general maritime interests.
16. CM, Carlo and Manuela Marquardt, daughter Jessica soon to be son in law, seemed to be very busy all day. I will publish some photos here of my purchases after my return home on May 31. I just want to mention the camouflagged version of the America, based on drawings supplied by John Olsen.
17. Both producers of 1250 paper models, HP Weiss and Thuemler had a very extensive display, including dioramas. These little paper models are truly gems.
18. There were others, sorry for my omissions. But I heard an interesting story about our meeting 2 years ago: the neighbors were complaining afterwards, because all ATM's in the area were out of cash for that weekend. For those of you not familiar with Kassel: almost all transactions are cash only. And I heard from one of our American friends that his withdrawal was restricted to Euro 200. Not sure, if there is a coonection.
As usual, we had a substantial US participation, but some of our regulars were truly missed. Ulrich, everyone asked about you and is sending their regards.
« Back to index