2. Attendance on Saturday was slightly ahead of 2015. There were less second hand dealers present this year. The producers and new model dealers in general told me that their business was at least even with 2 years ago, quite a few better than 2 years ago. There was a very uplifting mood in the room. The few postings on the MuenchnerRundbrief this morning from collectors are all very positive.
3. There was a definite trend from many producers to display and sell beautiful dioramas. Rodkling, Roland Klinger, is the leading master in this field. But many of the other producers are following this trend.
4. Spidernavy had quite a few new surprises, both in models and rigged models in display cases. I will only mention one here, since I am under time pressure to catch a train: HMS Vindictive as seaplane carrier, a fantastic model that you will have to study with a magnifying glass for all the detailed PE under the flight deck. The model is simply impressive, the rigged model another step up, and the rigged camouflagged model simply superb.
5. Chtis Dailey has already 88 of my photos. He will publish some of them in a news letter in a few days.
6. In the afternoon I had a nice discussion with Frank Schade, the organizer of this event. He has started the planning for the timing of the 2019 event and he will publish the dates soon.
7. in sum: for me this was my 4th Kassel meeting, and this was the most impressive Kassel meeting for me.
« Back to index